It may be a tiny nation, but Costa Rica is a tourist paradise that attracts 1.5 million visitors each year and it is surely worth your while to look for Costa Rica Vacation Rentals. Adventure travelers, wildlife and marine life enthusiasts, honeymooners and family groups flock to this tiny nation for their Costa Rica vacation. The increased tourism has ensured that Costa Rica is no longer as affordable for budget travelers as it used to be. However, the smart traveler should be able to overcome this hurdle.
Accommodation is one of the big expenses for travelers to any part of the world. However, when traveling in Costa Rica, it is possible to control hotel and resort costs by looking at Costa Rica vacation rentals. Even a basic online search presents numerous great results for Costa Rica vacation rentals. Cheap deals are available. But you might have to shop around a little, rather than choose the first available offer.
Tips On Finding Affordable Costa Rica Vacation Rentals
1. Decide Your Holiday Itinerary: Make a list of all the things you want to do and all the places you want to visit before beginning to shop for suitable Costa Rica vacation homes. Rentals may be easily available in some areas, not so much in others. Keen on visiting the cloud forests of Monteverde? Then look for Costa Rica vacation rentals in Santa Elena, or maybe in San Luis or San Gerardo. If your heart is set on visiting the Arenal volcano, look for places closer to the area, to cut down on travel time. Beach lovers could try Tamarindo, Costa Rica vacation rentals. There are numerous other options for beach vacation rentals. Costa Rica is home to many beautiful beaches including Playa Dominical, Santa Teresa and Manuel Antonio.
2. Examine Descriptions Of Costa Rica Vacation House Rentals: Carefully go through the descriptions of the available vacation rental. Costa Rica has become a popular tourist destination over the years. As a result, many homeowners look to make a quick buck by advertising their properties as Costa Rica vacation homes. Rentals may differ for different properties, but in case you come across an unbelievably cheap deal, study the description with a fine toothcomb. Is it lacking in basic amenities? Is this the first time that this property is up for rent? Do your research before finalizing any deal.
3. Look For Photos For Costa Rica Vacation Rentals: Beachfront properties, villas near the Costa Rican jungles, or even places in the heart of San Jose may be showcased wonderfully on travel websites. But in the absence of photographs, it may be a good idea to avoid a given property. You would not want to fly in for your Costa Rican vacation to find a vacation home that is unhygienic, stuffy and small. Remember, photographs could also be deceptive. So make sure you read the fine print thoroughly.
4. Ask About Amenities Available At Costa Rica Vacation Homes: Rentals are not hard to find. However, finding a comfortable and affordable vacation home rental could prove a more uphill task. Before you start out, think about all the amenities that you require. Since these are not hotels or resorts, you cannot take even basics like air-conditioning and laundry for granted. Some Costa Rica vacation rentals may not have all the basic amenities. But many will. If you are hoping for a more indulgent holiday, you might even find reasonably priced luxury vacation rentals. Costa Rica is home to hundreds of high quality vacation villas. It just might take you some time to find them.
5. Be Flexible About Your Holiday Schedule: The better vacation homes in Costa Rica tend to be booked months in advance. You will eventually find other Costa Rica vacation house rentals that suit both, your requirements and your budget. But if you are eyeing one of the more popular options, whether they are on the beaches or in busy San Jose, Costa Rica vacation rentals could require a more flexible schedule. It is a good idea to set aside three or four blocks of dates. Your preferred holiday home should be available for bookings on at least one of those dates.
6. Communicate Directly With The Owners: If you are looking for big discounts on your vacation home bills, look for vacation rentals by owner. Costa Rica vacation rentals could be cheaper if you communicate and negotiate directly with the owner. You would gain additional insight about the property itself. A friendly and helpful owner is a boon when it comes to holiday homes. Plus, you could get special travel tips from a local that can help make your stay in Costa Rica Vacation Rentals even more fun.